Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Caramel Pound cake

Hello.

I start my blog with  my last homemade good which is Pound cake with caramel sauce.
All is done from scratch and with passion.


Usually I use old family recipes to give them new meaning in nowadays life. SO many good recipes are forgotten just  because the World can offer for us new tastes and technologies, but in my opinion so many "ancient" goods are still wonderful.
They are worth to show them to you and if I have time I will give also some recipes. Defenetely some are too specific and special that I keep them ;)






I am sorry if my pictures are not very good :)


So, I think you all might want to try  making this Pund cake, so I give you that recipe.
Also I  have been thinking a lot about sugar art and making spun sugar, Pulled sugar and blown sugar, but right now I do not have  big  kitchen, so I step back a bit and do just easier sugar art with homy tools.

For the Pound cake you will need: 

1 bread mold.

4 eggs( medium ones)
Granulated sugar  0.24( kg)
Butter ( 82% or even better) 0.24 
Flour 0.32

Vanilla for adding extra taste 0,015 (1 tbl sp).


Method: 

Whip  butter until its fluffy, add flour with vanilla powder, stir.

In another bowl beat eggs with sugar until airy and fluffy too.

Add egg mixture to the butter-flour mixture, stir together and put it into a mold.

Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
The crack is must be, so If you see that your cake is cracking on top, then you have done right job, now just wait until its cooked and have  brown topping. :)

As I love cooking, I love also testing. So I made this caramel sauce with intuiton, so I can't give you any recipe, because  I did not measured..I trusted my eyes and heart :)

but the proportions between every ingredient are: 
Sugar-water-double cream-butter
2-1-1-1/4

for sugar decorations melt 4  tablespoons of granulated sugar in thick saucepan at the low temperature until its melted and have light brown to brown colouring.  do not burn!!!


BE very careful because Sugar is extremely hot!!

Have fun  and keep your eye on my blog.

Every day is a new day with new chances to take!


No comments:

Post a Comment